What Is Probate?
Probate is the entire process of managing the estate of a deceased person. This involves locating and marshalling their assets and distributing them to the lawful heirs as an inheritance – after paying any taxes and liabilities.
The basic process involves:
- Gathering the financial details of the estate by identifying assets and debts;
- Applying to the Court to be appointed as the personal representative of the estate;
- Providing notice of the probate proceeding to the beneficiaries and creditors of the estate to give them an opportunity to assert any interest they may have in the estate assets;
- Paying the deceased’s outstanding debts; and
- Distributing the rest of the estate according to the instructions left in the Will or the laws of intestate succession.
Lynx Legal Service can handle the process for you from start to finish. To learn more about how we can help you with estate administration and other related issues, call us at 888-441-2355 or contact us online at info@lynxlegal services.com.